Warning - Before proceeding with this instruction, you must have at least one created skill (see How to create & edit a Skill or Skill Category ), one created Competency Level (see How to create & edit Competency Levels), and one created Worker (see How to create & edit a worker). If any of these steps have not been completed before now, please complete those steps before proceeding.
Adding a skill to an existing User’s skill profile
To add a skill to a user’s profile, perform the following steps:
- Use the left side bar menu to select Admin then the sub-menu Users.
- Find the user whose skill profile you wish to edit by scrolling or using the search function.
- Click on the inspect () icon.
- Scroll down to find the users Skills subsection. If the user does not have any skills assigned to them yet, this subsection will read “This user does not have any skills." Click the add () button to the right of the Skills heading to add one.
- In the Skill text field, start typing the tag or name of the skill. Filtered suggestions will begin to appear. Continue typing to narrow down the filtered results as required.
- Select the desired skill by clicking on it.
- In the Competency Level text field, start typing the name of the competency level the user has attained in this skill. Filtered suggestions will begin to appear. Continue typing to narrow down the filtered results as required.
- If desired, continue to fill in any number of the following optional fields:
- Assessor - this is a the name of the person who assessed the skill. Potential assessors must exist as a Contact in the Contacts directory before being available for selection here.
- Assessment date - this is the date the user undertook their skill assessment.
- Valid From - this is the beginning date the skill assessment is valid from.
- Valid To - this is the ending date a skill assessment is valid to.
- Click Save.
- Tip - if the user’s new skill did not appear, try refreshing the page.
- Continue adding skills as required, repeating from step 4, above.